Daycare Owl, is the feel good company you’ve been waiting for. We the people of Daycare Owl, don’t want jobs, we want to make a difference. Every day for us is an opportunity to change someone’s life with our work. Daycare Owl is a socio-economic game changer that aims to enrich the lives of millions of children, women, and parents with the power of technology.
Senior Software Engineer
About the role:
As a Senior Software Developer on the Daycare Owl team, you’ll be a part of developing new, innovative solutions to change the face of childcare. We are looking for a seasoned software engineer to help lead the design and evolution of our Daycare Owl platform. Our ideal candidate has embraced agile and isn’t afraid to tell us what we’re doing right and what areas we can improve on. You have a balanced ego and can take ownership/action while collaborating and receiving direction. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, are passionate about creating a fantastic user experience, and want to contribute to an exciting community. Above all, you are focused on the success of the team and our commitment to change.
- Designing distributed systems for high throughput and availability
- Collaborating well with others
- Leading software and system design discussions
- Delivering high quality well-tested software
- Supporting 24/7/365 site operations of critical components of our infrastructure.
- Get high-quality software quickly to the hands of users
- 5+ years experience with designing and developing enterprise and user facing applications
- Designing and supporting high-traffic applications in production
- Diagnosing and addressing critical production issues
- Scaling and tuning systems for performance
- Large scale distributed software design and development
- Designing and implementing application & API
- Model best practices in software and system engineering
- Capable to architect a scalable technology stack
- Able to communicate technical solutions
- Experience working with on-site and off-site development teams
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Self Awareness skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Balanced ego- able to take ownership and action while collaborating and receiving direction
- Excellent creative problem solver- able to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem
- Strong deductive reasoning- able to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while staying organized
- Approaches challenges proactively
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Product management and App Development experience
- Experience growing and managing development teams
- Previous startup experience
- Experience building marketplace
- Front-end development experience
- Eye for design
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited vacation
- Pet friendly office
- Incredible growth potential
- Passionate and driven staff
- Fun work environment
- Having a real and tangible impact on the world
ABOUT DAYCARE OWL
We are Daycare Owl, childcare made simple. Daycare Owl is a on-demand platform for licensed child care, but it does so much more than that. Daycare Owl is the great equalizer. We will do for childcare what no government can. Our vision is to create a world where:
- Every child has access to early education.
- Ample child care allows families to thrive not just survive.
- Women get more opportunities to return to their careers and pursue further education.
- Crime rates are lower, consumer buying power is higher, and diversity is celebrated.
- Employers view childcare as a responsibility to their employees and a necessity
Interested? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Visit: www.daycareowl.com
Location: Bay Area, CA
Join our newsletter!